April 4th, 2016 by MichiganLiving Look How Awesome This House in Michigan Is And It Has A Train Too!

Who would have thought that a grim-looking house in a wooded area of Grand Rapids, Michigan can turn into a dream mid-century stylish home?

Awesome House In a Forest At Grand Rapids Michigan

This is what a husband and wife did when they bought a rundown home set on 20 woodsy acres at Grand Rapids. Inspired by the natural surroundings and mid-century design, the homeowners studied many layouts, designs, color schemes and furnishings to come up with an envy-worthy home.

Aside from its amazing architecture, this 4,000-square-foot home also has a fully working private train track for homeowners and their visitors to enjoy!

Watch the video below to see more of this house’s amazing design and jaw-dropping interior.

28 responses to “Look How Awesome This House in Michigan Is And It Has A Train Too!”

1. Robin Masshole Mommy says:

This sounds like such a fun place to live! What a neat house.

2. Wow. Interesting that they have a train track! GR is a pretty area, too.

3. They did a great job on the remodel. The house looks amazing. Glad that they stuck to the original style of the home instead of trying to make it look like something it’s not. Love all the windows!

4. Jessica says:

You hooked me at that it had a train. That sounded too neat not to check out. The yard at this house is just gorgeous!

5. Heather says:

That is so cool. I love how creative people can be – especially when it comes to their homes. 🙂

6. Okay, that’s ridiculously awesome! Not only did they do an incredible job on renovating that house, that personal train is just so cool 🙂 I would LOVE to live in a place like that!

7. What a gorgeous house. I love how they have incorporated nature into their home, and the train track, amazing. Who wouldn’t want to wake up every morning to such incredible views. It feels secluded but not too far away from everything.

Everything is stunning! I love the master’s bedroom, it looks so good. And the view is just fantastic. Having a train there is very cool too, lol. Thanks for sharing this lovely home!

Wow, this is such a cool house. I love the emphasis on nature and the train track is so cool.

10. ricci says:

This house is amazing!! I would love to get the opportunity to go see it someday!!

11. Nicole Escat says:

Cool house! I want to have that kind of house and I will enjoy every moment.

12. tauyanm says:

omg this just gives me idea on what to when renovating our house in the farm back in australia. dfntly we need the train for the farm hahaha love the open walls or glass walls

13. this house really looks cute I would love to visit soon =)

These looks so cool and peaceful environment. I’m glad that knowing this kind of house, give me an inspiration to work hard. I Loved the Idea of this house. Amazing!

15. victoria says:

That is absolutely interesting and a fun place to live.

16. So cool! The facade alone looks warm and inviting. 🙂

Wow! What an awesome house. I love looking at extravagant homes online. It’s fun to dream big.

18. Virginia says:

What a lovely house! I love looking at houses online to get an idea of what I want in the future.

19. A Geek Daddy says:

They just built a house near us made out of those shipping containers they use on the big cargo ships which looks very similar to this house.

20. Michelle T says:

This house is amazing. The master bedroom is so spacious and big. Love the big windows. Lobe how he has all of those bird feeders too. I love watching the birds come eat. The train is really cute too. I bet kids love riding that.

21. Melissa Bernardo says:

This house is so cool! I’d love to see it in person.

22. Mardene Carr says:

We all should be so lucky….oh what fun it would be to live here

23. Becki says:

How interesting! So nice to live someplace you really love 🙂

24. Excuse me… they have their own train track? I better not show this to my toddler, or he’ll be asking why we can’t get one for our backyard!

25. What a beautiful house. This is ideal for a retirement house.

26. Wow that looks great! I wouldn’t of thought of using some of that decor!

27. WOW! What an amazing house. I hope I ccan see it personally.

28. Coralie says:

This is really beautiful. I love the trees and how much woodsy feel it has. I also love all the windows.