September 19th, 2014 by MichiganLiving Buying vs Renting Your Future Home

The debate is still on. This debate probably won’t end today nor tomorrow. The debate of what is the best thing to do, buy or rent a home?

If you are thinking about buying or renting a home, these infographics might help you in making your decision. Check it out!

Buy Rent Infographic Reny Buy HomeBuyerFlowchart

19 responses to “Buying vs Renting Your Future Home”

1. I love these infographics! We bought last year and our biggest motivator was stability 🙂

I rented for about 6 months before I got married and worked like a dog to get my own place. I hated wasting money on rent.

3. I have owned a number of homes in my lifetime and enjoyed it. But for now I am renting and it works well at this point in time.

4. tara pittman says:

This is a great breakdown. There are pros and cons to both renting and buying.,

5. 204 Park says:

Loved that flowchart haha Great post!

6. Claudette says:

Like someone else said, I owned two properties in the past and now I am renting and it works fine for me.

7. Much to my surprise I have found a lot of people selling their houses and opting for renting.

8. My husband and I bought our home because we pay far less in mortgage than we would if we were to rent a house of the same size!

It’s always best to buy, if you can afford it. However for those who are not ready, renting is just as convenient.

10. Danii says:

Think that owning properties as investments and living in a rental property is probably the most profitable approach. Always nice to be in your own home though and not have to deal with rental inspections all the time.

11. Mykidsguide says:

Buying is still the best for me. I don’t like wasting my money on rent.

12. Bree says:

This is a great guide! There are so may factors to consider when buying, I’m so glad I bought and stopped renting last year!

xo Bree

13. Wendy says:

Thank you for this. I have been renting for years and would love to have my own home.

14. What a great way to explain the 2. For us we found purchasing our home was a better option instead of renting because it is ours and we can do what we want and not have to get permission.

It’s hard to come up with the initial down payment. I think that’s what stops so many people from taking that leap. They can probably afford the mortgage but that darn 20% down is tough!

16. Jasmine says:

love how you broke it down! It can be overwhelming with all the info you’ll get bombarded with

17. Ashley says:

We decided to buy, which has turned out to be an amazing investment! Three years later and we have an amazing amount of equity and we’re still saving a lot each month. It totally depends on each individual situation.

Owning is definitely the way to go! I just wish they would make it easier for folks to get mortgages! It was a pain to buy our home!

19. Shann says:

We own our home, and it was the best decision for our family. Great infographic!