8 Amazing Tips that will keep Your Home Clean (Even if you have Kids)
Keeping the house clean and clutter free all the time is a tough challenge most especially if you have kids. If you are one of the many homeowners who are looking for ways to keep the house neat and tidy all the time, below are few tricks that can surely help you out.
1) Leave shoes/outdoor slippers at the door. Taking off the shoes at the entrance (place a shoe rack near your main door) can surely minimize the amount of dirt, mud, dust and debris that goes in at your house. Make this tip a habit and you won’t have to clean or scrub your floor as often as before.
2) Pull comforter to the pillows. Pulling the comforter to the pillows can certainly make your bedroom look cleaner.
3) Clean the living area before dinner. Make it a habit for you and your kids to tidy up the living area before dinner. After few minutes of cleaning, reward yourself and your kids a good and delicious meal.
4) Always start your day with a load of laundry. Put a load of dirty clothes in the wash right after you get out of the bed. After breakfast, put the clothes into the dryer. Make this a daily habit.
5) Dry your sink. To remove or avoid spots, always dry your sink after using it.
6) Unload the dishwasher before breakfast. Avoid the pile up in the sink by unloading the dishwasher before you eat your first meal of the day.
7) Get rid of old mail. Old paper bills and mails (if not that really important) must be disposed all at once. Don’t let these papers pile up at your house.
8) Purge daily (if possible). Make it a habit to let go one item at your house daily. For example, you can try donating an old toy a day to a charity institution. Same goes with clothes and other items (small or big) at your house.
By following this tips and making them a habit, you can keep your house clean all the time even with kids and save yourself some work.
For more of this tips, head over to LifeHack.Org
These are great tips! Where were you when my girls were younger. I could never get them to clean.
Great tips. I am doing my best to get rid of old clothes! I need to do a huge purge of a things. I definitely want to go through our son’s toys!
These are all great tips and I’m going to use them. I can’t believe I’ve never thought to dry my sink every day. I guess that’s why it always has spots no matter how many times I clean it out.
I will have to try these. I struggle to keep my house clean!!
Great tips. I think getting the kids involved in helping you out can make keeping the house clean a bit easier.
Laundry will always be my first chore of the day after that, the cleaning of the other rooms start. It’s really so much easier once you’ve handled the laundry. We always keep the shoes and the slippers out too.
I do all of these things. Yep, I rock, lol. Just kidding! I need to get in the habit of leaving the shoes in the garage.
With a 6 year old and a 5 month old I have really been struggling to stay up on my house work. It just seems like one always needs my attention and the other is like a tornado. lol
There are so many of these I *should* be doing. Yet, the only one I actually do is make my bed in the mornings – and that’s really only to deter myself from getting back in. 🙂
Now that my daughter is grown and out of the house it’s a lot easier to keep it clean. I do have to get better at throwing out junk mail when it arrives. I have a tendency to throw it to the side and then it just builds up until I get annoyed with seeing it.
These are all wonderful ideas. I love the idea of getting rid of at least one thing daily. I try to clean house and get rid of a lot of items at least once a month if not more. I think it feels great to be able to get rid of some items.
Ugh… tidying up is always the chore I enjoy the least! But thanks for your tips!
Thanks for the tips, we have lots of old mail in the house. I will get rid of them from now on.
Very nice tips, we have a general house cleaning and this post of yours is very helpful.
I like your tips, especially about the laundry. I will keep this in mind and make it a daily practice.
Old mail and paperwork is what does me in. I have to keep up with it or it takes me over.
I really needed to read this! I have two boys and my house is always a mess! Thanks for sharing
I am guilty of letting the old papers pile up. I will admit that I need to get more proactive in that area.
Great tips on keeping the house clean. I also make sure I load laundry at breakfast..