Passive Real Estate Investing Podcast: How To Start Your Own
A podcast can be a great source of passive income. If you’re interested in topics such as real estate investing, you can create podcasts that you can upload for people to download for a price. If many people download your podcast, you could earn a lot from it. But before you submit your resignation to start your podcast, you need to take the steps below first:
Create Episode Plans
You already know your niche, which is real estate investing, so what you have to plan is the episodes. What are you going to talk about in every podcast that you’ll make? You can do some research to find some resources like the best real estate directory. Find some interesting topics which you can discuss in your podcast.
The episodes should reflect your objectives in starting a podcast, not because you want to earn passive income, but because you want to educate people on smart real estate investing. And for that, you have to be knowledgeable on the topic as well so read up if you’re not on the expert level yet.
You can talk about stuff like at what age should a person begin investing in real estate or interior decorating tips. Then, if you want to, you can also list down people who you can potentially include or interview in your podcast.
Invest In Quality Equipment
Anyone can record audio and upload it on the Internet, but not everyone can make money off of it. For you to earn passive income from your real estate investing podcast, you need to produce high-quality audio. Not just in terms of topic and expert advice, but in terms of the technical aspect as well.
You need to invest in these basic pieces of equipment:
- Microphone – For a podcast, you have two options: an analog microphone or a USB type. In general, analog mics have better sound quality than USB types but don’t scratch out the latter just yet. You can plug a USB mic directly on your computer where you’ll also find the recorded audio quickly. An analog uses an XLR connector, which requires an XLR recorder to get your audio.
- Computer – A good computer with a fast processor should be fine for editing audio. Unlike in video editing where you need high-end computers to support the graphics of high-quality video, audio editing is a lot simpler.
- Audio Editing Software – To edit, you’ll need audio editing software. There are plenty of options out there, and they have different prices. You can start with free trial versions to see how it goes, but those usually have limited features and you’ll only get the full advantage if you purchase.
Learn To Edit
To produce high-quality podcasts, you need to learn how to edit your audio clips. When you’ve chosen an audio editing software, you need some time to learn how to use it. You should find plenty of tutorials online provided by the makers of the app and also from other users.
Some audio editing skills you should learn are:
- Cutting the audio
- Splitting and mixing
- Adjusting volumes
- Removing background noise
- Tagging and exporting
Find Places To Submit Your Podcast
When your podcast is ready, you can now start submitting them to different hosts. Find podcast directories such as iTunes, Spotify, and Google Play Music. As a starting real estate investing podcast, you want to reach as many people as you can, and for you to do that you can try submitting to any of those three.
As these have the largest subscribers to podcasts, you have a good chance of finding people who might be interested in your real estate topics. However, you’ll also find plenty of competition there, but that’s why you have to make yours unique and high-quality. On the other hand, you can also find other directories and try your luck there.
Promote Your Podcasts
For you to monetize your podcasts, you need to make people interested in them, so you need to up your marketing skills. The best way you can do that is by utilizing social media since it can reach almost anywhere in the world. Here are some tips:
- Find a platform where you can create a page dedicated to real estate investing. Know your target market so you have an idea which social media site you can use to find your audience.
- Create regular content that you can post. Share some audio clips and give it an interesting caption to spark some interest.
- Interact with your audience. Respond to questions and messages related to real estate investing so you can form bonds that can turn them into your loyal listener.
It may not require a ton of equipment to start a podcast, but you’ll need to invest lots of time, patience, and hard work to make it successful. You need to learn things such as real estate related topics, audio recording and editing, and digital marketing. It’ll take time, but if you do it right, you might find that it’s worth it in the end.