April 21st, 2016 by MichiganLiving This Is What Michigan Cities and Buildings Looked Like in 1930s. Look At Detroit!

Just like any other state, Michigan has gone through a major change over the years. From the streets, roads, buildings and up to its people, Michigan has certainly revamped itself to cope up with the fast changing enviroment and technology.

If you wanted to see what major cities of Michigan looked like decades ago, check out the images below. It includes some of the most iconic roads, cities and buildings in their 1930s settings.

Detroit Downtown

Lansing

Lansing
Source

Michigan State University Hospital & Health Unit Building

Michigan State University Hospital & Health Unit Building
Source

If you love what you saw, please SHARE THIS ARTICLE so you friends can check them out too!

H/T Only In Michigan

17 responses to “This Is What Michigan Cities and Buildings Looked Like in 1930s. Look At Detroit!”

1. Wow. Love the fashion in these pics!

2. Robin (Masshole Mommy) says:

These pictures are fabulous. I always wished I could go back in time just to know how it felt, the sights, the sounds, the smells.

3. I love seeing old pictures. I have family that was from Michigan and would have lived there around this time. Seeing these pictures reminds me of them.

I love looking at old pictures, it’s quite fascinating. I honestly don’t know how much has changed, but these pictures are so nice and it gives you a hint of what life was like in each city.

Oh wow, I’m most familiar with Lansing and MSU. It looks like some of those buildings are still around!

6. Nicole Escat says:

Those pictures is so historical. I like seeing this kind of photos because i love studying history.

This is so interesting! Love the photos! Glad to learn new. Thanks for sharing.

8. wendy says:

I love the pictures of the era. You can see the change from back then to now. A lot of history and shaping of these cities. I learned something new and I really enjoyed the experience of this post! Thank you for posting a great piece!

9. aziel says:

I really enjoyed looking for the old pictures it’s so fun for me.

10. It’s so cool to look at old Detroit. It makes me sad! I would love to go downtown to hang and show.

11. I absolutely love old buildings!! My husband can’t understand it. He thinks it just represents something old….I think it represents a piece of history. Thank you for the wonderful pictures.

I like to see the way towns used to look back in the day. Love the black and white vibe for those kinds of photos too.

13. I love the Detroit pics! It is so cool to see how the city used to look. I think it is well on its way to getting back to that place!

14. Lisa Rios says:

I have never been to Michigan before & wanted to visit sometime with my husband. These are some wonderful historical pictures that explores the beauty of some amazing places all around Michigan.

15. Stacy says:

Wow that is really amazing and great shots! Never been in Michigan but how I wish I witness that buildings!

16. I grew up in Detroit. It used to be gorgeous! I’m praying it makes a comeback in a big way.

17. Kira T says:

I love history and looking at historical buildings. This is amazing and something I hadn’t seen before! Thanks for sharing.