February 11th, 2016 by MichiganLiving The Tips in This Video Can Potentially Save Your Kid’s Life. You Should Do This At Your House ASAP!

If you have kids at home, this video can potentially save them from great danger. This video offers real life and practical advice in child-proofing furniture and appliances.

Too frequently, the results of children climbing unsecured furniture and appliances have been tragic when they were crushed or trapped under the weight of the things that toppled over.

Furniture Tipping Over Kids

For example, a TV falling from an average sized dresser can strike a child with the force of thousands of pounds. On average, one child dies every two weeks when a TV, furniture or appliance falls onto them. Don’t let your kids suffer this kind of fate. Watch this video and start securing and childproofing your home.

21 responses to “The Tips in This Video Can Potentially Save Your Kid’s Life. You Should Do This At Your House ASAP!”

I think by now most parents have heard about this, so I would think they would be prepared.

2. Scary. I had a blogger friend whom this happened to (her child) though luckily it wasn’t too bad. After that I learned to always fasten drawers, dressers, etc. to the wall.

3. OMG, the television thing is so scary. We don’t have any of the old school televisions, anymore, but we still have them safely secured to prevent any accidents.

4. The tv thing is so scary. Child proofing your home is very important. This is a great resource.

5. Jeanette says:

I was OCD about childproofing my home. Everything was anchored to the wall or there was latches on doors I didn’t want to get into I was probably a little overkill on it. I rather be overkill then my child be killed.

6. Rachel says:

Wow, that big heavy TV and dresser could potentially kill a small child. Thanks for the info!

7. Dislike! This video just makes me cringe! Those Tube tvs are so dang heavy and could be fatal! Definitely use your furniture anchors! most dressers come with them now.

8. Rebecca B. says:

OMG!! That is sooo scary!! What a great reminder to make sure our homes are safe for our children.

9. Paige says:

This is so scary! I don’t currently have children but I will be sharing this with family members who do.

10. Becki says:

That furniture reminds me of what was in my room when I was a little girl. And thanks for the reminder – we actually don’t have any real furniture in my four-year-old’s room.

11. It is a very scary thing to think about. Little arms and legs love to explore and something we may never think of-they’ll climb in it, on it, under it. Exploration and discovery for the little ones have no safety measures! That’s up to us!

12. Miles L. says:

What a scary scenario! I hope more parents would be able to watch this and do the necessary precautionary measures.

13. Bree says:

My son was a climber. We bolted everything to the walls, because we were terrified something like this would happen.

14. ricci says:

My niece has actually don ethos on my dresser before and it was soooo scary!! Luckily, there wasn’t anything on top of it at this time!

15. victoria says:

That is absolutely looks scary. I need to check our furniture in the house I have an small kids

16. Crystal says:

That scares the crap out of me. I understand why my parents had everything mounted to the wall.

17. Christie says:

This is exactly the reason why we don’t have TVs in bedrooms. My toddler is quite the climber

18. A GEEK DADDY says:

you don’t think about it but TVs falling on kids can be very dangerous. Nice topic to point out. We always make sure to anchor or televisions to avoid this scenario.

19. This was a fear of mine when my kids were little. We attached the dressers to the wall so it could not fall over.

20. Michelle T says:

We don’t have tvs in the kids rooms. We only have one in our room and it’s a flat screen TV. I can see how dangerous this could be for sure.

Ooooo great kiddie proofing tips!!! Swear it’s more important to kid proof than it is baby proof. Babies are harmless compared to older kids!