September 15th, 2016 by MichiganLiving 6 Crazy Street and Road Names In Michigan That Are Truly Hilarious!

Not all street and road names are created equal. Some are made to define the uniqueness and characteristics of the place while some are taken from the last name of a popular person living in the area. Some has great and historical meanings behind them while some are plain playful and silly.

Just like any other states in the USA, Michigan also has its own share of crazy street and road names. Below are some of the most popular ones that made a lot of people giggle while passing by.

Emanon Street, Dearborn Michigan

emanon-street

Emanon sounds like a name that has deep roots or history. But if you will spell it backwards, it will give you the phrase “No Name”. Clever right?

No Name Road, Livonia Michigan

Only people living in Livonia Michigan for decades can surely answer why this road is named as No Name Road.

Stoner Street, River Rouge Michigan

stoner-street-river-rouge-michigan

The story behind the name of this street varies a lot. All I know is that majority of those stories are connected to “getting high” all the time.

Psycho Path, Traverse City Michigan

psycho-path-traverse-city-michigan

The Psycho Path road was once voted as the America’s most bizarre street name (The Car Connection’s Wild, Weird and Wacky Street Names contest). The name of this road was the brainchild of someone with silly sense of humor. Crazy right?

Crooks Road & Corporate Drive Intersection, Troy Michigan

crooks-road-corporate-drive-intersection-troy-michigan

The reason behind these names still puzzles a lot of people including me. All that I know is that Troy Michigan is the home of many corporate offices and buildings. Make sense?

Hiscock Street, Ann Arbor Michigan

hiscock-street-ann-arbor-michigan

No explanation needed in this one. Just read it and you’ll know why it belongs to this list of crazy road and street names in Michigan.

60 responses to “6 Crazy Street and Road Names In Michigan That Are Truly Hilarious!”

1. Katrina says:

I actually got the chills reading this. Very interesting background on each street names. I wonder if they ever thought about changing them?

2. Never realized the Crooks/Corporate Rd. intersection … funny. I live right by there too.

3. Rachel Dean says:

This is interesting! I’m kinda glad I don’t live on Psycho Path Rd. And I love the joke about Crooks and Corporate!

4. hahahaha who created this names!! This is hilarious! I haven’t seen any crazy names like that here in Miami, but I’ll be on the lookout now!

5. These literally made me laugh out loud! I think the best one is psycho path – who would use that as a street name?

6. Tara Pittman says:

I can only imagine people who live on these streets and the explanations they have to give. The Psycho Path is my favorite.

7. HA! I needed to read this today yup I wouldn’t be able to even imagine living on 123 Psycho Path.. how about keeping a straight face when having to say your address! I would love to know WHO gave these names to the street ha.

8. nazma says:

This is so interesting .definitely gonna share this post

9. Alli Smith says:

The Psycho Path is my favorite also! I love learning a little bit of the history of crazy street names.

10. Nellwyn says:

Wow these are so funny! I’ve heard that there are lots of strange place names in Newfoundland but I didn’t know about these in Michigan!

11. Jelena says:

Psycho path was my fave! This was a very good and funny post ? Who would have thought of that?! Loved it!

12. Kait says:

Haha! I love this! I lived near 11 mile when I worked in Detroit so this was a fun little flashback. I am originally from PA & there are some insane gown names – like Blue Balls & Intercourse! LOL

I’ve never seen so many fun names in one map! Lol. I think it’s great that you guys decided to name the streets according to what happened in the past or how you’d describe the people living there. It’s really interesting and fun!

14. Bree says:

I love these! Psycho Path is definitely my favorite. Not sure what that says about me. 🙂

15. Psycho Path? Really? Hahaha it is so funny! I didn’t know about these streets.

These are so funny. Yet, I would have to live on one of them. I would not want to write them out on forms, and have people not take me seriously.

17. MarciaF says:

These are great. As a Michigander I’m only family with Crooks/Corporate Drive but never put them together. I love the noname backwards street and Psycho Path.

18. Amber Nelson says:

Those really made me giggle, especially Stoner Street. How do people come up with these?

19. Debra says:

How funny, where to people get these names? and how does one place have so many?

20. Amy Jones says:

hahaha this is hilarious! I wonder who was creative enough to name these streets

21. adriana says:

Haha love this! Wow, one called No Name?! So crazy! I didn’t know street names like this existed! Too funny!

22. LOL, these are all hilarious. I am sure often times when people put down their street names on forms they need to explain that this is a real street name. Poor things. So funny.

23. Karen says:

This post is so super hilarious! I love finding funny street signs or other random stuff like that which make you wonder how that happened!

24. There are a few places here in my town that have special road names as well. A few of them have great stories behind them!

25. These are hilarious. Living in Idaho, we have some seriously strange street names too!!! Who thinks of these things?!

26. Theresa says:

These are so funny! It’s interesting that someone made a list of these.

There really are some strange names sometimes, aren’t there? We have some here too. 🙂

28. Brittany says:

Thats so funny! I can’t even imagine what goes through someones mind when picking a street name. I’ve seed some crazy ones too!

29. Kristen says:

This has me wanting to check the street names here where I live! These were hilarious and very interesting.

30. Yandra says:

Hahaha. This is really funny. What could possibly possess anyone to name a street Hiscock? SMH. I wonder how the kids in this place call this street.

31. Ha some of these names are awesome! The emanon one is so dang clever!

32. roxanne says:

So cool to get the back ground story on the names of each street. I’ll have to start paying more attention to street signs now.

33. I had a good laugh reading your post. I’ve heard about No Name Road before but the Psycho Path is a winner! Haha. I can only imagine how people would react if you told them you lived there.

34. jill conyers says:

I was going to comment on a favorite but they’re all great. Crooks Road intersection made me grin.

35. Terri Steffes says:

What a fun post! I’d be sure to stay off Psycho Lane for sure!

36. Lol these are the best crazy street names. I especially love the Psycho Path street, ha.

37. Mandy says:

This is so funny! Some of these names are hilarious!

38. Kim says:

Bahahaha! These made me laugh. I’ve got to visit. Stoner Street sounds the funniest to me.

39. Tami Qualls says:

I’m not sure which is my favorite “No Name” or “Psycho Path” Road. LOL Sounds like we have a bunch of lazy and crazy people nearby.

40. OMg how funny. What happen when you go to Stoner Street looking for Crook.

41. Taty Pradilla says:

Those are pretty crazy names!! I like No Name Street the most.

42. Amanda Love says:

These are all too funny! I think it’s nice that they’re doing this, it makes the whole city unique but it’s also a little intimidating, I mean, who would drive by the Psycho Path? Lol.

43. Heather says:

I love Psycho Path! That one is awesome! We have several odd named streets around our area too. It is fun to look at them all!

44. Haha! How have I only heard of Crooks before and not the others?! Interesting perspective on Crooks though.

45. Psycho Path? That sounds like the place for me! Some of these names, I have to wonder where they come up with them.

46. These are interesting names. My husband and his friends formed a choir group before and because they couldn’t think of a name, they called it Emanon.

Omg to funny!!!! It would be hilarious to live on any of these roads!

48. I definitely got a good laugh out of some of these street names. I really wonder what possesses some cities or towns to name their streets this way.

49. Nicole Escat says:

Hahaha, this is a nice read! We also have some crazy street names on our place!

50. Ryan Escat says:

I wonder why there is a no name road there! This makes me laugh so hard!

51. Those names are crazy! I went to college in Michigan and I also think that Michigan lefthand turns are a bit weird.

52. aziel morte says:

This is so interesting and same as to our roads have a unique street names.

53. Bill S says:

I love these names!! It really is funny how some names of streets are approved I hadn’t heard of some of these before.

54. I definitely heard about Psycho Path road from an urban legend story but wow! I never thought Michigan holds a lot more! I would like to know what came into their minds when they thought of those names.

55. bwwwaaahahaha i would love to live on one of these streets. Psycho Path!

56. Reesa Lewandowski says:

These are definitely hilarious names of roads. I love seeing stuff like this.

57. Lisa Rios says:

I have always wondered about the Town names being so different in Michigan and it is more fun to hear about these street names as well. They are truly hilarious and to me the best one is the ‘No Name Road’!

58. kerri says:

There is always something funny about streets name or exit signs that are odd. You will never forget them no matter if you aren’t in the area anymore. When you do see it again, you have a little chuckle

59. Whitney S says:

This is so fun and interesting! I love reading little tidbits like this!

60. Haleybop says:

bwahahahahhahaha i wanna live on psycho path!