January 8th, 2015 by MichiganLiving Tips in Finding Best Deals on Rent

According to some studies, more Americans nowadays choose to rent instead of buying a house. This resulted into increase in demand for houses for rent which in turn, opens up a great market for home owners or landlords.

Increase in demand means there will be an increase in supply for rental homes. This is good news for renters because they will have a lot of choices or options. But for first time renters, it might be a bit overwhelming and it can cause them to choose the one that are least advisable to rent.

For Rent

So for the first time renters, here are few tips that can help you out to get the best deals on rent.

Check online, Go online.

With the awesome technology we have today, looking up for hundreds of rental homes to choose from will be a breeze. You can check out rental websites such as Rent.Com or even classified ads sites like Craiglist.Org for rental homes.

The biggest advantage of finding or checking out rental homes online is that you can have an overview of what the rental homes look like. It can also feature some reviews from past tenants which can surely tell if it’s a great place to live at.

Consider Single Family Home.

More often than not, this type of home is often priced lower than other rentals. Single-family homeowners are often referred as accidental landlords because they are renting out their houses due to the fact that they’re having difficulty selling them in this market. The main reason why the price is lower than other houses for rent is that, these owners may be more motivated to get their places rented.

Look Beyond Rental Listings.

If you can’t find what you are looking for, you can start looking at the house for sale listings. If you find the one that you wanted, you can then try to negotiate with the owner or the seller if you can rent it out instead of buying it. If the owner is having difficulty in selling his or her property, chances are, he or she will give it.

These tips are pretty much easy to follow and to understand. So before renting out a home, make sure to follow these advice to get the best in the market.

Image via PIXABAY

20 responses to “Tips in Finding Best Deals on Rent”

1. Interesting tips. I want a house of my own some day but it might make more sense to rent for a bit before buying.

2. We rented a house before buying and had a great experience. My husband met our landlord through work and he has been great. It also prepared us for all of the extra responsibilities that come with homeownership. Even though we didn’t have to pay to fix things we had a good idea of what to expect.

3. Great tips! Also, ask people if they know of anything, it’s all about who you know!

4. Crystal says:

Great tips! I think renting is some situations is a fantastic option!

5. Sarah Muennix says:

Great tips. I think by renting it allows you to save money for your forever home someday!

It takes time and research, but if you put in the work, you can find some great deals.

7. TAmmy says:

Hubby and I are seriously thinking of selling our home and renting for awhile. The price of our property taxes and homeowners insurance is just over the top the past two years. One set back from living in a no state income tax state. Thanks for the helpful tips.

8. Michelle F. says:

We have been renting all of our life so these tips are good to know. We will be moving soon it’s perfect timing.

9. Amanda says:

I understand how some people chose to rent because they don’t have the means to buy a house. But if you can afford either, purchasing is definitely the way to go.

10. Jenny says:

So true. When my husband and I were looking for a rental recently, we were shocked that we were able to get a 4 bedroom house for less than we would have paid for an apartment! We are so glad we expanded our rental search for homes as well as apartments.

11. rika says:

Interesting article. I have a friend who makes so much money but he doesn’t want to buy any house for him. He only rent place every month. He pay 3x more than we pay on our mortgage.

12. These are great tips! We just bough our second house… but I know my brothers will need some of these to get out of our parents’ house!

These are nice tips. The internet is a great source of information and you don’t have to waste your time going to the site itself, you can just look it up online first.

14. Jeanine says:

Great tips! We rent. I don’t think we could ever afford to own a house in the city we currently live in, but maybe one day.

These are some really great tips!!! I have a cousin searching for the right place to rent right now. I will have to send this tips over to her!

I always thought I was just a buyer at heaty. Right now though, I am contemplating renting and I am happy about it.

17. These are great tips. My cousin is looking for a house to rent. These tips will be very helpful.

18. Hm. Single family homes are the most expensive to rent besides luxury apartments and condos around here. Even duplexes go for quite a bit more than apartments. I just thought that was the way it was everywhere.

19. HilLesha says:

I do eventually want to be a homeowner, but too much upkeep goes into owning a home. It normally cost $$$$ to have something fixed. Therefore, renting is the best option for me right now! 🙂

20. these are definitely great tips for families who are looking for a rental home.