June 3rd, 2015 by MichiganLiving 20+ Vintage Michigan Tourism Ads That You Probably Haven’t Seen Before!

With all the articles, images and videos I posted here about Michigan, for sure you now know how beautiful and awesome the state is. From the people, foods, places up to the natural resources, Michigan is truly a place that you shouldn’t miss.

Although we are truly thankful for what Michigan looks right now, with it’s great spots and destinations, it’s always a good thing to go back in time and have a look of what the state looks like few years back. The 29 vintage Michigan tourism ads posted below can give you a quick peak of the beauty of the old Michigan.

29 vintage Michigan tourism ads

Vacation in Michigan Water Wonderland

Michigan Promo

Promo_From_Mich_Tourist_Council-01   Promo_9 Promo_8 Promo_5 Promo_3 Promo_2 Promo_1 old-tourism-map great-lakes-magazine-ad

Promo_From_Mich_Tourist_Council-27 Promo_From_Mich_Tourist_Council-26 Promo_From_Mich_Tourist_Council-25 Promo_From_Mich_Tourist_Council-21 Promo_From_Mich_Tourist_Council-19 Promo_From_Mich_Tourist_Council-17 Promo_From_Mich_Tourist_Council-13 Promo_From_Mich_Tourist_Council-09 Promo_From_Mich_Tourist_Council-08 Promo_From_Mich_Tourist_Council-07 Promo_From_Mich_Tourist_Council-05 Promo_From_Mich_Tourist_Council-02  Promo_16 Promo_15 Promo_14 Promo_13 Promo_11

19 responses to “20+ Vintage Michigan Tourism Ads That You Probably Haven’t Seen Before!”

1. These are quite cool, I love vintage stuff. Where did you find them? I remember some of the older MI license plates said something like “Winter Wonderland” or “Water Wonderland” on them, too.

2. melissa says:

You have, seriously, the best Michigan posts. I love ALL these old ads, they are fabulous!! Sharing them!!

3. crystal says:

I loved looking at old pamphlets. Matt’s aunt just let me browse through the fashions from 1980. Loved it!

4. Rachel says:

Some of these aren’t even photos. How times have changed!!! I love the vintage suits too!

5. Keikilani says:

I just love old advertisements like these! So nostalgic and beautiful!

6. sharon phillips says:

These are awesome pics and advertisements for Michigan. I am originally from Mi. and actually recognize seeing a couple from when I was young. It’s amazing you have all those. I got stuck on your site for a bit reading and remembering. It is so beautiful way up North Michigan. I loved it up there. I am now in Alabama but nothing like Michigan. The 4 seasons were my favorite. The beautiful trees and sparkly snow. The Blue Lakes with no gators. Lol. Thanks for sharing. I loved it.

7. Kath Rivera says:

The first and the third ads caught my attention. Actually all the ads are awesome. Looks like 80-ish or 90-ish comic book illustrations. This will surely be a head-turner

Those are all so cool. Thanks for the look back in time at these cool ads.

9. love all those old ads! We live so close to Michigan and used to vacation there int eh summers when our kids were smaller – but now we are off to other places.

10. Amanda says:

I always love to see old ads for fun places in the Midwest, especially for small towns around Lake Michigan. Thanks for sharing.

11. Jeanine says:

I haven’t seen any of these before! I’m in Canada though, but these are pretty neat to see!

Wow the activities these ads display are still really common in Michigan. There are a lot of things related to the Great Lakes!

13. These ads are awesome! I love looking at vintage advertising; comparing the quality of the art work, the photographs, the lengthy text, it’s all so different now!

These are awesome. I love seeing epic ads like these.

15. Donna Ward says:

Very cool vintage ads – I love these and I do have a vintage poster for the resort we live in – so much fun to review them – thank you

16. Awesome ads for when times were good. I love looking at vintage ads too, and compare them with what these places are today. Unbelievable how times have changed!

17. Oh wow, this is very cool! I enjoyed looking at these vintage ads.

18. I was born and raised in Michigan before moving to Florida and I miss it most during the summer.

19. Suman says:

Now that’s the kind of running atlrcie I can get my teeth into. For me, something light, but with a lot of character does the trick a nice IPA or something hoppy. Badger’s Hopping Hare was my post North Tyneside 10k tipple.Not sure you can beat a good from-the-hops home brew mind for running related brews, you can’t beat a good batch of Green Bullet hops for a light and tasty brew.