January 5th, 2016 by MichiganLiving 5 Cheap and Easy To Follow Tips To Make Your House Smell Great

Do you want a nice smelling home? I guess we all do! But, there are times that it’s quite impossible. Although there are available sprays and plug-ins out there that can do the trick, the chemical it contains could be harmful to our selves most especially to our kids (pets too!) In the end, we just let our house smell like it wasn’t clean for years or so.

Good thing there are tricks out there that are proven to be effective in terms of eliminating foul odor. If you want a nice smelling home without using any chemical induced air freshener or plug-ins, the below tips could really help you.

Open The Window and Let The Breeze Come In!

If the weather is great, open your window and let the breeze comes in. It allows your home to breathe in fresh air while breathing out the foul smell. It can also allow sunlight that can kill bacteria causing odor, to come in.

openwindow

Fresh Flowers

The smell of freshly picked flowers can eliminate any foul smell. Place flowers at each and every room of your home most especially at your kitchen and dining room.

flowers

Coffee Beans

Grinding organic coffee beans at can give your home a nice smell than before. If you are a coffee lover, consider this tip and you can thank me later.

coffeebeans

Cinnamon

In a saucepan, put in some cinnamon sticks and bring it to a boil. Simmer for few minutes until smell disperses around your home. You can even carry the pan at each and every room and let the smell of it evaporate completely to eliminate the unwanted odor.

cinnamon sticks

Lemon

Lemon juice is not only a very effective cleanser. The scent of it is also a very good air freshener. Consider using lemon as your number one household cleanser. You can also create an air freshener spray out of it. Mix lemon juice with water and baking soda and presto, you got yourself a very effective air freshener spray.

Lemons

For more home cleaning tips and tricks, you can click on the following links.

5 House Cleaning Tricks And Hacks That Is Perfect For Your Rented Home

Home Cleaning Tips and Hacks Perfect For Busy Moms

How To Make Your House Guest-Ready In An Instant

17 responses to “5 Cheap and Easy To Follow Tips To Make Your House Smell Great”

1. These are some good tips. I use Wallflowers from Bed Bath & Beyond but I like to cook w/ a lot of garlic, so my apt. (which is small) always smells like garlic :(.

2. Rachel says:

I definitely need to try some of these ways. I often have asthma attacks from air fresheners and candles. I love the coffee bean and cinnamon idea!

3. Becki says:

The cinnamon sounds very pleasant 🙂 I always love when spring finally comes to Michigan and I can open the windows!

4. Robin (Masshole Mommy) says:

I usually burn candles. My boys can really get smelly!

5. Fresh flowers and coffee are always my first go to! Great tips especially now when it gets hot and stuffy with the furnace on and people spending more time indoors.

6. Emmanuel says:

Wow! Lovely tips! I’ve taken note and would definitely try the lemon juice thingy. Thank you

7. Victoria says:

Great tips! Cinnamon and lemon are my ultimate favorite items to use in my home! Lemon is such a great cleaner and it smells wonderful too!

These are really clever. I do love the scent of coffee but cinnamon might be nice this time of year too.

9. Kelly B. says:

Lemon was always my secret weapon in the summertime! Or, sometimes I’ll put some cinnamon and nutmeg and melt it with a little butter on the stove, it smells just like a pie is baking!

Oh, I love these tips. I’m going to try them. So clever.

I used coffee bean and lemon sometimes to have a good smell of my house.

12. I like to burn candles to keep my home smelling fresh.

Candles, coffee, cinnamon and flowers definitely make any room smell better! I like the ideas, thanks for sharing!

14. Jeni Hawkins says:

Coffee beans – that’s brilliant! I love that idea, because I LOVE coffee! I use a wax warmer and open my windows. Plus, I clean a lot to keep icky smells away.

15. These are wonderful tips. I would like to try the cinnamon trick. Thanks for sharing.

Lemon is my fave. It always smells so clean and fresh to me.r

17. Kendra says:

Great tips! I do the cinnamon in a sauce pan every winter. I add a little vanilla and orange zest for a little added flair.