December 2nd, 2015 by MichiganLiving These 9 Houses Are Probably The Strangest and Most Unusual Homes Listed For Sale

There are probably millions or even billions of homes for sale across the United States. With this staggering numbers, you will surely get to see a lot of design and styles to choose from. There will be modern styled houses, vintage inspired, futuristic style, minimalistic ones etc.

There will be also houses that are quite odd and strange. Below are some of the most unusual and a bit outrageous houses that are listed for sale.

The Mushroom House ($1.1 million)

The Mushroom House

The Mushroom House 1The Mushroom House 2

This is a Single-Family Home located at 142 Park Road, Pittsford, NY. It has 3 beds, 2 baths, and approximately 3,324 square feet. The property was built in 1971.  The interior rooms in this “pod” home decorated in mosaic tiling and the structure’s design inspired by “a stem of Queen Anne’s Lace.”

Monolithic Dome Home ($225,000)

Monolithic Dome Home Monolithic Dome Home1

This Single-Family Home is located at 35 Aprils Way, El Prado, NM.  It has 2 beds, 2 baths, and approximately 1,017 square feet. Constructed of Airform, steel-reinforced concrete and polyurethane foam, this “dome home” has heated floors in case that desert ground gets chilly.

Stone Castle ($2.99 million)

Stone Castle Stone Castle 1

Located at 4720 Grosvenor Ave The Bronx, N.Y. , this property is built to reportedly mimic a 16th Century castle in Croatia, this Riverdale mansion touts a two-story turret.

Floating Home ($3.45 million)

Floating Home Floating Home 1

This property is located at 2369 Fairview Avenue E #6, Seattle, WA. It has 3 beds, 4 baths, approximately 2,866 square feet, and was built in 2007. Permanently attached to its dock, this tri-level custom home sits atop the water in a gated “floating waterfront community” in the Westlake neighborhood.

Desert Nomad House ($975,000)

Desert Nomad House Desert Nomad House  1

Located at 6353 West Sweetwater Drive Tucson, A.Z, this property is comprised of three steel and glass cubes accessible by outdoor walkways, architect Rick Joy’s Sonoran Desert modules are meant to be as much an artistic statement as a residence.

Converted Church ($1.5 million)

Converted Church Converted Church 1

Located in a historic church converted to condos, this 3-bedroom unit has 38-foot vaulted ceilings, stained glass windows and an altar for a kitchen counter.  Property is located at 459 40th Street 2 Lawrenceville, P.A

Moroccan Palace ($8.9 million)

Moroccan Palace Moroccan Palace 1

Property is located at Rivercrest in Houston, Texas. The home provides approximately 19668 square feet of living space. It features 8 bedrooms and 10 bathrooms.  Bringing North African flare to the Lone Star state, this replica Moroccan mansion touts a colorfully tiled inner courtyard and a petting zoo.

Sculpture Home ($1.68 million)

Sculpture Home Sculpture Home  1

Located at 86 Sabino Gonzalez Glorieta, N.M. , this angular home in which elevation levels vary over 20 feet from end to the other, this Bart Prince design has special terraces built in for studying sunrises, sunsets and the moon.

M At Beekman Condo ($1.7 million)

M At Beekman Condo M At Beekman Condo 1

Located at 345 East 50th Street , New York, N.Y.  Behind the front door of this two-bed, two-bath Manhattan apartment lies a wood-paneled master bedroom suite fashioned after the inside of a ship.

H/T Forbes

41 responses to “These 9 Houses Are Probably The Strangest and Most Unusual Homes Listed For Sale”

1. Rachel says:

The mushroom house is definitely the strangest. Incredible prices on all the homes. Thanks for sharing.

2. Shawn Ann says:

Those are definitely some interesting houses. I could see living in a few of them.

3. wow! the mushroom house would be like living in your very own ewok village. The stone castle would probably be my personal preference though if I had the money to buy any of these cool homes.

Some of these are crazy! I love the mushroom house.

5. Really strange houses! If I would get to chose one, I would choose the floating home. I love the water and this would be perfect for me!

6. Wow! These are bizarre but so beautiful! I would love to live in a unique house.

7. Alli says:

That mushroom house is the most unusual house I’ve ever seen. I can’t see myself living in that one, but several of these are right up my alley. Amazing!

8. Tina says:

I’ll take the Moroccan house please! lol

9. I actually really like the mushroom house… I’m not sure why. LoL! I guess because it seems so whimsical. Like it’s too good to be real. – Jerusha, TheDisneyChef.com

Oh man! I’d love to see some of these in person. That mushroom house is bizarre but really cool!

11. I would chose ANY over the mushroom house!

I can’t imagine myself living in a mushroom house or that dome, but the other houses look really nice too! That’s so cool!

13. Clo says:

I really like the sculpture house. It looks pretty neat.

14. Terri Ramsey says:

These are looks amazing and very unique, I wish I could buy one of these.

15. Tina says:

These are awesome! They should rent them out!

16. These homes are definitely the stuff of photographs. They actually look pretty functional as well.

17. Jebbica says:

Oh my gosh, I love that Mushroom house! That is too cool. You should Google the UFO house in Signal Mountain, TN. That’s a pretty cool and odd house, too!

18. The mushroom house is the most unusual. I can’t imagine myself living in that house.

19. Kait says:

These are crazy! I would love to live in the old church. Very interesting.

20. Chantal says:

What interesting architecture! I do not think that I would want to live in any of these houses but some of them are beautiful! Strange to say the least.

21. Jeanette says:

That Mushroom house is really weird, but there is someone out there that will get it I have no doubt. Sometimes I wonder what people are thinking when they build, but I give kudos to being creative.

22. Kristen says:

that church is super beautiful! I would love to take a tour!

23. Strange but beautiful! I would love to see some of these buildings in person.

24. Candice says:

These houses are amazing…I wouldn’t live in some of them though.. some are a bit much !!

25. Maurene says:

I always dream of designing my own house. All of these houses are totally cool and unique.

These are very amazing and very unique, someday I’m gonna buy one of these.

27. Maurene says:

These houses are cool and awesome. I wish to spend a night or two in any of these houses.

28. Wow these places are amazing. Next time I’m in Houston, I might just have to check out the Moroccan palace.

29. I knew the church looked familiar! I used to work in Lawrenceville and would pass it everyday on my way to the office. I don’t know that I could comfortably live in a church though…

30. Um wow! How did you even find these? The mushroom house is definitely the most bizarre. Very cool!

31. Nicole Escat says:

Strange but beautiful houses inside and out. I really like the floating house it so beautiful even though it is floating on water, I find it relaxing and cool place to live. Thank you for sharing.

32. Kendra says:

The mushroom house is a little different, but I do love the Moroccan house and the castle.

33. April G says:

I think I saw a special on these types of houses, including some of these. They are very creative.

34. Revisited this article today to take a better look at all these strange houses. I still love the floating house, but I think my second choice would be the monolithic dome house. I’d plant all kinds of trees around it to keep it in the shade.

35. Maria says:

Wow, that mushroom house is by far the strangest one I’ve ever seen! I would totally live in the stone castle though!

36. ashleigh says:

I always enjoyed watching shows about odd houses like this on Travel channel. I think it’s so cool that someone had the idea of building houses like this. My boyfriends’ grandfather used to build houses.

37. Wow, some interesting houses. I’m not sure if I would stay in the floating house but definitely in the Sculpture Home.

38. Holly says:

These are crazy! I have to say my favorite is the floating house. I have always liked that house!

39. Chris Lewis says:

WOW, where did you find these, very cool. I love the castle!

40. I want that Castle home! The mushroom one looks pretty cool, though, as do a lot of these.