August 10th, 2014 by MichiganLiving How to Find the Best Possible Rental Homes

How to Find the Best Possible Rental HomesPeople move around the country and the world for a number of reasons, whether related to work or education or something else. Finding a rental home that fits your needs as well as a landlord that understand you and respects them is no mean feat. The tips ahead will explain what you can do to make the best choices according to your circumstances:

• Begin your search early on, since the sooner you start it, the sooner you will have results you can choose from each season. Look for possible rentals at the end of each month, since this is the time where you will have the most choice.

• If you happen to have a more flexible date on your move, then you will have a chance to take advantage of that by postponing the search until winter is close. In that type of weather people are reluctant to move and they often give you a better chance to find more useful deals.

• You may need the help of a good broker, since their knowledge will pay back in the end. If you have hired one you will have a chance to find listings otherwise not seen by the general public. Needless to say, this will be a great advantage since you will have a much wider range of choices to work with and the experience to back the right one.

• You should also get your priorities in check, such as whether you’re looking for a specific size or location as well as other purely practical qualities of a home you may be looking for. These aspects of a rental should be first on your list, leaving the purely cosmetic beauty of a home as a secondary objective, since they will give you a much better understanding of what you have available to work with. Once you have all the basics covered, you should then focus on the other desirable options you were looking for as well.

• Get the paperwork done as soon as you can, so you won’t have to deal with it in the last moment. Although renting is much simpler than purchasing a home, you should still work on those as soon as possible. You need to make sure you will have a chance to contact your old landlord for a reference as well as getting a credit check done before you move in.

You should really get your credit score checked, even if you’re doing very well financially. A great credit score will give you a lot of leverage in a negotiation with potential landlords. If you have a poor score, then you may find it difficult to earn their trust in terms of being able to keep up with the rent. Chelsea Removal Services SW10 can safely bring your possessions to your new home.

19 responses to “How to Find the Best Possible Rental Homes”

1. Joely Smith says:

Great tips! My daughter will be looking for a rental in the coming year. I will show her this. I agree with credit checks – we keep tabs on her score often since she is building her credit and young.

2. Alli says:

We’ve owned our own home for years, but I’ve noticed that the requirements for renting a home have changed over the years. It’s more important than ever to keep that credit score up.

3. Heather says:

We bought our home a few years ago, but this is good information. You never know what life events might up root you and get you to move elsewhere.

4. All great tips. We have moved twice out of state and we got very lucky with our temporary rentals. Of course, it helps that one of the times it was corporate housing due to a relocation. For the most part, those are always nice places.

5. Great tips! We’re a military family and have been through the process more times than I want to count. Your tips would have been so helpful when we started out.

6. Mia says:

Great tips. I have lived in three different countries in the last 5 years (or so) and have lived in more rentals/house shares than I can count. I especially agrees with getting your prioritizes right. It’s almost impossible to find a 100% perfect rental apartment, so it really important knowing what’s most/least important when you are apartment hunting.

7. Maureen says:

This is a great tips, thank you for sharing. My fiance and I will probably have to rent a house first so your tips will surely help. Thank you for sharing this 🙂

8. Michele says:

Great tips not only for people looking to rent a house-but also apartments. Having a real estate person help you is key. Getting that paperwork done-lets say the sooner the better!

9. Kayla says:

Yes good tips! Definitely a good idea to start as early as possible.Thanks for sharing 🙂

My 2nd oldest son’s credit score leaves us all in shame. That boy’s got a darn near perfect score and he’s very careful with it too.

11. I wish I used a company to move. I’m still living out of boxes while we remodel.

12. Jeanine says:

We just moved Aug 24 and we are renting for the time being. We are so lucky we found a place perfect for us and that is just right. We love it! These are great tips!

13. Tonya C says:

These are great tips. When we moved across country, we could have used some of these when looking for a rental home.

14. dawn says:

this are some great tips. i could have used these when i moved from michigan to south florida. thanks for the share.

15. Thank you for the wonderful tips! We’ve owned our home for many years but have debated buying a rental for extra income. So many possibilities! 🙂

16. It’s been a long time since we rented, but the last time we did use a realtor. It made us able to make a “deal” for cheaper rent.

17. Stephanie says:

I’ve been renting my entire life and haven’t once come across a place that credit checks. I guess it’s just not that common here. Seems odd to me.

18. Francisca Ramos says:

I remember a few years back. My husband and I wanted to look for an apartment in Grand Rapids, Michigan. He had bad credit and I was the only one with good credit. Yes, landlords do credit check and a good tip to check credit score before looking into an apartment. Thanks for sharing:)

19. Tatanisha says:

Great tips. Definitely checking your credit score should be one of the top since you can get denied for having a poor credit score!