August 14th, 2015 by MichiganLiving 5 House Cleaning Tricks And Hacks That Is Perfect For Your Rented Home

If you don’t love doing chores (who does anyway?), here are few tips, tricks and hacks that will surely interest you.Although they are targeted towards to all homeowners, I think it’s suits best for tenants or renters.

Freshen Up Your Mattress

VODKA

Mattress absorbs your body odor. No matter how hard you tried to clean them, the odor will stay there for quite a while.

Great thing there is a cleaning hack for that. Pour vodka into a spray bottle and spray it lightly across your mattress. Leave it for a while to air dry. The vodka (alcholol) can kill odor causing bacteria.

Clean The Ceiling Fan

ceiling fan

Ceiling fans are quite annoying to clean. The good thing is, there’s a fool proof way to clean it now. Hook an old pillowcase over one fan blade at a time and slowly wipe it backward. This way, you can clean the blade effectively while trapping the dust inside the pillowcase.

Clean The Air Vent

ventilation

If you haven’t done so, now is the perfect time to clean your air vent. Using a clean towel, moisten it up with your cleaning solution. Wrap it around a butter knife and presto, you got a perfect tool in cleaning the air vent.

Clean The Shower Head

Shower Head

Pour distilled white vinegar in a plastic bag. Fit it over the shower heard with a rubber band. Let it soak overnight then remove the bag and wipe away those nasty water deposits.

Clean The Toilet Bowl

Toilet

Instead of scrubbing the toilet for long hours, why not do this easier route. Fill a mason jar with vinegar. Punch a couple of small holes in the metal lid. drop the jar into your toilet’s water tank upside down. With each flush, the vinegar will seep out of the jar. Vinegar will act as your cleaning agent making it easier for you to scrub down those remaining nasty deposits, if ever.

For more cleaning hacks and tips like this, head over to this post at distractify.com

Image License: CC0 Public Domain / PIXABAY
warren7512
funeyes
MemoryCatcher
PublicDomainPictures
stevepb

37 responses to “5 House Cleaning Tricks And Hacks That Is Perfect For Your Rented Home”

1. Angelic Sinova says:

These are some great cleaning tips! I always pour distilled white vinegar in a plastic bag to clean my shower head <3

2. Thanks so much for sharing these! I hate to clean so anything that can make it faster or easier is always welcome!

3. Jacob Fu says:

Whoa! These are great! I’m definitely going to have to try the vodka thing. We need to freshen up our bed.

4. HilLesha says:

I honestly didn’t know vodka was good for cleaning, especially mattresses. Thank you for the wonderful tips!

5. Jaime Nicole says:

I had no idea that you could use vodka to clean your mattress! It makes sense though – what a great idea!

6. I have a 5 bedroom home and anything that can help me clean things quicker or more efficiently is awesome! I love these cleaning hacks!

7. Heather says:

Oh interesting about the vinegar. I use cleaning vinegar to clean out my microwave, but never thought about using it in the toilet.

8. These are awesome tips. I’ve never heard of the vinegar-toilet bowl trick. I would definitely try this.

9. I am currently renting an apartment and I am absolutely loving your tips especially the vodka spray on mattress on even though the mattress is mine.

10. Vodka on mattresses? Interesting! I’m definitely into ‘natural’ cleaning products so I might try that one!

11. Michele says:

These really are great tips some of which I am definitely going to try. Vodka for your mattress–who knew?

12. Leelo R says:

I’m gonna try the last hack – mason jar and vinegar toilet’s water tank. Thank you for sharing these great hacks.

13. Franc Ramon says:

Cleaning the home can really help you rid of bacterias and accumulation of dirt. It’s nice to keep the household in order through proper work distribution.

14. Rachel says:

Great tips! I love the toilet and showerhead ideas.

15. These are fantastic tips for any homeowner! I particularly like the pillow case idea for fan blades. We have two large fans in our great room that always spread dust when we try to clean them. Thank you for sharing these awesome tips! πŸ™‚

16. These are some great cleaning tips. We have several rental properties and always end up having a lot of cleaning to do after renters move out.

Love the tip on how to clean the air vent. I will utilize that one often.

18. Crystal says:

That’s a great idea for the toilet. I love cleaning with vinegar.

19. Our ceiling fans are in desperate need of a good cleaning. That will probably be on this week’s list of things to do.

These are some really great tips!!! I’m a about the vinegar! I try to be as natural as can be since I have a toddler and vinegar does the trick!

21. We do a lot of vinegar already… but I had no clue about the vodka! Off to the store… πŸ™‚

I am going to have to try some of these. I use vinegar to clean a lot.

23. Shann Eva says:

Great cleaning tips. I had no idea about spraying vodka on the mattress to kill the germs. I’m not sure my husband would like me using it, but I think it’s a great tip πŸ™‚

24. harriet says:

These are areas that we sometimes forget to clean. Thanks for the tips!

25. Lindsay says:

love the toilet hack! I’m going to have to try it because cleaning the toilet always makes me wish I had a hazmat suit.

26. Mary Gilbert says:

Didn’t know that about vodka and mattresses…good idea about the jar in toilet tank.

27. Liz says:

I’m going to try that ceiling fan cleaning method. I like the idea of containing the dust!

28. Shelah says:

These are great tips. Thanks so much.

29. Excellent cleaning tips! I always hate struggling with the ceiling fans.

30. Some really good hacks and tips, especially for people who hate housework as much as I do! πŸ™

I always make sure that the bathroom is clean and the vent too. I’m very “OC” and I like the fact that I can shower in a clean bathroom. Awesome tips!

32. Jasmine says:

Vodka for the mattress! Genius!!

33. rika says:

i love vinegar and baking soda… the easiest and cheapest way to clean house with zero toxic

34. Jonathan says:

What great housing cleaning tricks! Going to share this with my wife so we can implement some of these together. We particularly need to clean the air vents and toilet bowls.

35. Christina says:

Great tips. I need to do better around the house. Nothing like a deep clean to make you feel fresh and at home.

36. rocky says:

Awesome tips! thanks for sharing and shared!!!

37. […] 5 House Cleaning Tricks And Hacks That Is Perfect For Your Rented Home […]