July 11th, 2016 by MichiganLiving Tips and Tricks to Freshen up Your Home’s Interior without Breaking the Bank

Do you want to give your house a fresh new look without hurting your budget? You are in the right place! In this article, you will get amazing tips and effective advice to freshen up your home’s interior without costing you an arm and leg. Check them out and see which ones you can actually follow and carry out.

Home

Re-do your front door.

First impressions last. So if you wanted your house to make a good first impression, make your front door look fresh and inviting. You can paint it with a glossy hue (experts recommends red) or if it looks old, replacing it with a new (but not so expensive) is highly recommended.

Keep wall colors light and neutral.

Painting your wall with light and neutral colors (beige or gray will do) will give you great flexibility in terms of designing and decorating. These colors also make small rooms feel larger and spacious.

Maintain balance around your furniture.

Arrange your furniture in groupings that can create balance and invite conversation. For example, if you have a sofa and two chairs, make sure that they are facing each other with a coffee table in the middle. Experts also recommend placing the furniture away from the walls to make the room feel larger.

Let natural light in.

If your rooms get lots of natural light from the sun, use light color curtains or fabrics that won’t fade. This can make the room look larger, airier and more inviting.

Hang one mirror at each room.

Mirrors can make any space look larger and brighter. Interior designers recommend placing at least one mirror at every room perpendicular to windows.

Re-invent your lighting fixtures.

Lights or lighting fixtures plays a huge role in terms of interior decoration. A change in lighting fixture can dramatically improve your home’s interior decoration. Installing or using light dimmers and switches could work wonders.

Organize and de-clutter.

Following any kind of interior decorating tips and advice won’t matter if your house is full of mess and clutter. Organizing the mess around your home can instantly boost its appeal without costing you a single cent. De-cluttering each and every room at least once a week is what experts recommend.

36 responses to “Tips and Tricks to Freshen up Your Home’s Interior without Breaking the Bank”

1. Milena says:

I just started to try and lighten up the place. So far it’s been a success. Some times you just need to move some things around!

2. Jeanette says:

We just got home last year and we are slowly trying to update it the way we want it to be. These are some awesome tips because we are on a limited budget.

3. Azlin Bloor says:

Fantastic tips! I love them all, especially the mirrors and light neutral colours. And decluttering, I cannot handle clutter, I need the energy to flow!

4. tara pittman says:

Great tips. I just got new furniture so I need to do some of these.

5. Decluttering really helps me a lot-makes everything look nice and clean! Such great tips!

6. I love these tips! I am redecorating my house and these tips would help me a lot.

7. Amy Jones says:

Excellent tips! I’m thinking about adding more mirrors now

8. Great tips. It’s amazing what changing the paint color can do to a room. We redid the color of the kitchen last year and the transformation was incredible. I’ve also been doing some decluttering and that also helps.

Those are really awesome tips. I think it’s nice to have good lighting at home because it brightens up the room and makes it look lovelier. Having a balance around the furniture is nice too, it’s good for socializing, especially for the family.

10. Sometimes just moving a few things around makes me feel like I’ve accomplished something, just shifting lamps around can give a whole different feel

11. victoria says:

I love these tips! I can use this to my house. Glad you share this.

12. Nicole Etolen says:

I think letting the natural lights really works well with me. It will save me on my energy consumption and will freshen up our house.

13. Great tips! Will bookmark this. Thanks for sharing.

14. Robin Rue says:

These are great tips! I really need to start a reorganization of my spaces in my home.

15. I just noticed that I have my mirrors perfectly placed. Great tips!

16. tp keane says:

These are some great tips. We recently put a new front door on our house with a large window in it. As that door gets the evening sunlight, it’s made a HUGE difference.

17. Jay Simms says:

I have wanted to repaint some of my rooms to make them appear larger than they actually are. I definitely will be making this a project to finish this summer.

18. Krystle Cook says:

I am horrible about organization and just basically holding on to things that really don’t need to be. I need to take a step back and look at what I need and what can go.

19. Just moved to a new house and I really need some freshening up with the interior to suit my taste. Though budget is kind of hindrance at the moment. Reading this makes me start my paused project.

20. Kathy Kenny Ngo says:

I really need to redecorate my home and this post is such a great help! I am looking forward to fix my home in a very affordable way, and I guess here’s the answer. Thanks.

21. I want to repaint our home interior. I haven’t decided what color yet. I also need to get some mirrors.

22. i definitely sending this to my dad, he doesn’t do as much maintenance as he should. great tips thank you

It is important to declutter regularly. It’s amazing how fast it can add up. I get paper clutter most.

24. Kathy says:

I think these are all great tips. Decluttering is a must. I do that very often. My girls seem to always have more and more toys even though I don’t think they do…but we go through their toys a lot.

25. We live in an apartment and there is little natural light. it drives me crazy. 🙁

26. Karlyn Cruz says:

These are great tips! I never thought that I can freshen up our home without spending too much!

27. Anna nuttall says:

Very nice tips, I love home interior. xx

28. Nicole Escat says:

I like your tips, very practical. I will do this at our home to freshen up the ambiance!

29. Lisa Rios says:

I want to go for a complete makeover with my home interiors, but I have always been fishy about the budget. These are some great tips to make the best out of it without having to spend much on it. Would love to go ahead with these ideas.

30. Courtney Gillard says:

I would like to re-do our front door. Maybe a new paint color will do, I like your tips.

31. These are some great tips! My husband and I just went through doing something similar to this. Definitely nice not breaking the bank!

32. Lovely tips. I usually change the furniture around, get some new cushion covers, and flowers and bingo the room looks different 🙂

33. That is so true; the first impression is so important. I always try my best to keep the entrance and living room as clean as possible. Also having scented warmers in the rooms to give a sweet inviting smell.

34. tauyanm says:

i always de clutter my house and organize. light is a must! and trying to work on buying few more mirrors! thanks for the tips!

35. Painting is always the easiest and best way for me, personally, to brighten up a room! Its quick and easy!

36. Steven says:

I love my bank!
    Thanks you very much for providing some useful tips to not break my bank.
    Cheers!