August 23rd, 2016 by MichiganLiving 5 Amazing Cleaning Tricks and Tips For People Who Hate Cleaning

If you need some motivation that can help you get through a day of house cleaning, read on! Below are some of the most effective tips and tricks that can surely make house cleaning an exciting chore. They are proven to be effective in terms of making home cleaning less stressful and quite enjoyable.

Living Room Cleaning

Keep calm and relax. Try not to get frustrated and easily stressed while doing the cleaning task. Calm yourself by listening to your favorite playlist while doing the chore. Taking a break after 30 minutes of continuous movement can also help a lot.

Reward yourself after finishing the task. Treat yourself with few bottles of beer or wine after cleaning things up. You can also buy a new pair of sneakers or clothes for a job well done. Rewarding yourself after accomplishing a difficult task can ease the stress and tension from your body and mind.

Ask a friend to help you out. If you can invite a friend or two to help you out, house cleaning will surely become a more easy and enjoyable task.  Having your closest friends around while you are doing the task can make the job less stressful. You can also tell your friends that a reward awaits them after the task is done. Prepare some food for them or better yet, set up a barbecue night with few bottles of beer or wine that you can enjoy after accomplishing the task.

Purchase and use brand new state-of-the-art cleaning supplies. Are you wondering how some of the amazing cleaning tools and supplies work? Why not test and try it out when you clean up your house. Sometimes, the thoughts of having new cleaning supplies at hand can make you feel motivated and oftentimes, excited to do the job. It’s like having a new toy that you can’t wait to open and play with around.

Maintain cleanliness at all times. The best tip or advice I can give for people who hate cleaning is to keep their area clean and tidy at all times. The less mess you see, the lesser time and effort you will spend in cleaning things up. Make it a habit to re-organize your stuff before sleeping at night. Pick up any trash you’ll see as you walk around the house.

With these tips and tricks, house cleaning won’t be that stressful and painful anymore. If they won’t work for you, I suggest that you hire some house cleaning pros.

37 responses to “5 Amazing Cleaning Tricks and Tips For People Who Hate Cleaning”

These are great tips, and I can use all of the help I can get. Cleaning is not my strong suit.

2. tara pittman says:

I hate cleaning and avoid it most days. I get the best cleaning done when company is coming.

3. These are great tips!! I think it is very rare to run into any one who actually enjoys to clean on a daily basis.

Cleaning the house is never fun! Although it really helps to de-clutter, especially if you’re stressed out, it makes my mind a lot clearer too. These are great tips! You can always ask for help when the house is really messy, especially if you have kids.

5. Amy Jones says:

I feel like this post was written specially for me hahaha the thing about me is that I hate cleaning but I love my house clean and with a fresh scent all the time. Thanks a lot for these tips!

6. No one really likes cleaning, but it is true that if you keep the place neat and tidy, cleaning doesn’t suck so much. I love the idea of rewarding yourself too; like with a glass of wine.

7. Rachel Dean says:

I like to turn on music and jam while I clean. I don’t like to do it, but find it very rewarding when I’m done!

8. This is such a perfect post for me hahaha. I hate cleaning!! It is so helpful

9. Bree says:

Now you’re speaking my language! Did you right this specifically for me? Lol.

10. MarciaF says:

I hate to clean. The minute I’m done I turn around and it’s back to messy. I wish I was one of those people who could toss things more easily to keep papers in order.

11. Perfect for me. Cleaning has become such a chore when you are so busy. Thanks for sharing these great tips.

12. Becki says:

I really enjoy the satisfaction of a job well done. Like you said, staying on top of it is the best way to hate it less 😉

13. Nicole Etolen says:

I hate cleaning but once I started the job, I make sure I finish it and make it a job well done.

14. Who loves cleaning, it’s filthy and there’s ton of things to do. It’s definitely easier if you develop a system to make cleaning so much easier for you and for the rest of the people living in the house. I think having friends help you out is fun!

15. Karlyn Cruz says:

These are really great tips! I think everybody hates cleaning but messing up is what I hate most!

16. Nikki Wayne says:

Oh, I never thought that cleaning can be fun! I will take notes of these tips.

17. These are great tips! I find that using nicer cleaning supplies helps motivate my kids to clean too 🙂

18. Treat yourself to a few bottle of wine, lol. You crack me up. I like to blast my music and dance.

19. Dhemz says:

Keep calm and relax…well, that’s hard to achieve…lol! I would love to treat myself an ice cream after cleaning though. Thanks for sharing!

20. Nicole Escat says:

I like your tips especially the last one. I should start cleaning every day.

21. Ughhhh Cleaning is my nemesis. I will have to give all these a try to get my system down.

22. Rose Pingol says:

Sometimes I hate cleaning house but I think you should maintain cleanliness so you cannot clean it a lot of clutter.

23. Azlin Bloor says:

Great tips! I really hate cleaning and that’s why I have a cleaner to come in and do it for me!. I really like the state of the art equipment idea, makes everything easier!

24. Kendra says:

Great tips! I especially like the one about treating myself with a glass of wine!

I’m not a huge fan of cleaning and these are some good ideas! I think I should probably listen to songs and podcast while I clean.

26. Eileen Kelly says:

I needed this today. We had destruction from a severe flood last year. We have a room that we were just throwing things in to try and salvage. We have kept that door closed/ My goal for next week is to clear it out.. I hope to have that reward of a beer after it is complete 🙂

27. Katy says:

Great tips! I always try to reward myself after cleaning, I find that motivates me the most.

28. Emily says:

I love the tip about buying new cleaning supplies! I seriously could buy a cheap $1 duster at the dollar tree and it would be enough to send me straight into a cleaning frenzy! ha

29. Sheena Tatum says:

I just clean a little bit every day on basic stuff so that when I have a day to deep clean, it really doesn’t take long at all.

30. I dont like to clean on a daily basis, but I do love to clean its one of my distressing activities, and I would never ask a friend to help me out, unless I was poorly 🙂

31. Jenny says:

I have a toddler now so trying to keep things picked up and tidy is not in our vocabulary anymore. Thanks for these tips.

32. I hate cleaning! I have a wonderful cleaning lady, but there is still a lot of upkeep to do on clutter and paper trash! How can I get people to stop sending mail? LOL!

33. Berlin says:

I agree with the state of the art cleaning supplies. They will definitely make cleaning fast and efficient.

34. rocky says:

Awesome tips you have here.. Thanks for sharing.

35. What about hiring someone to do it? Please!! LOL I don’t hate cleaning but that would be a dream to have someone come over once or twice a week to clean.

36. SimpleAcres says:

Great tips! Cleaning is a pain!

37. Kathy Kenny Ngo says:

I hate cleaning because I am so busy with my freelance job. But I must admit that I need to do this.