March 9th, 2016 by MichiganLiving Enchanting Photo Evidences Why You Should See Michigan’s Great Lakes!

Michigan’s name is rooted from the French form of Ojibwa (a member of a North American Indian people native to the region around Lake Superior) word for “large lake“. It’s a state with the longest freshwater coastline of any political subdivision in the world, being bounded by four of the five Great Lakes with 64,980 inland lakes and ponds. A person living in Michigan is never more than six miles away from a natural water source of more than 85 miles from a Great Lakes shoreline. The Great Lakes that border Michigan from east to west are Lake Erie, Lake Huron, Lake Michigan and Lake Superior.

According to the records, Michigan is one of the leading states for recreational boating and lake visits. The photo evidences below shows why lots of people visits the Mitten State for fun filled and exciting adventure.

Lake Erie

A beautiful sunrise over Lake Erie, shared by @josh_bozarth_photography. #PureMichiganSnowDay #?

A photo posted by Pure Michigan (@puremichigan) on

#LakeErie #Michigan #PureMichigan #travellakeerie #boating <3

A photo posted by Stephanie Killingsworth (@stephyxx3) on

Surfing on Lake Erie #michigan #surf #surfing #fall #lakeerie #erie #surfmichigan #sky #clouds #fallsky

A photo posted by Upperhand Apparel (@upperhandapprl) on

Lake Erie Metro Park exploring. #Michigan #puremichigan #Erie #nature #fall

A photo posted by Lisa Drouillard (@liserthegoat) on

Lake Huron

Brrrrr Michigan #lakehuron #sunset #puremichigan

A photo posted by Bret Royce (@bretsa) on

Click. ?

A photo posted by Paul Jaekel (@paul_jaekel) on

Turnip Rock III

A photo posted by Jonas Quirin (@jonasqphoto) on

Lake Michigan

#lakemichigan #michigancitylighthouse #lakemichigansunset #michigancitysunsets

A photo posted by Dianna Smith (@diannasmith524) on

Lake Superior

we sure missed the gitchi’s ice caves this year, but kayaking these beautiful caves will come soon enough!

A photo posted by Gitchi Adventure Goods (@gitchiadventuregoods) on

Pictured Rocks #outdoorsociety #michigan #puremichigan #lakesuperior #upperpeninsula #picturedrocks #picturedrockscruise

A photo posted by Outdoor Society (@outdoorsociety) on

If you wanted more info about these lakes, you can check out this page at Pure Michigan.

15 responses to “Enchanting Photo Evidences Why You Should See Michigan’s Great Lakes!”

Thanks for sharing your pictures. Maybe I will find myself there someday.

2. Angela says:

This is one of the greatest posts I’ve ever seen! I LOVE Michigan’s great lakes. I’m so proud to call Michigan my home!

3. Jeanette says:

I used to live there and I LOVED going to all these lakes. They are absolutely gorgeous!! Everyone needs to go check out these lakes.

4. Being a Michigander, I know how beautiful the state truly is, and I don’t think people really understand how big our lakes are. They are a must see if you visit Michigan.

Lakes are super relaxing to look at and to go to. Those are all lovely, I would love to spend an entire day there and just watch the sunset before I leave. Everything is wonderful! I had no idea Michigan had so much beautiful lakes!

6. Christina Aliperti says:

That photo of Lake Erie is breathtaking. I have never been to Michigan but from just these photos, it’s definitely going to be on our must visit list.

These photos really are amazing. I spent a lot of time by Lake Michigan and I’ve been to Lake Erie a couple times.

These photos is a world highly class, they are absolutely gorgeous and beautiful” I recommend everyone to visit this place” Thanks for sharing these wonderful photo lakes’

9. Melissa Bernardo says:

These photos are absolutely beautiful! I’d love to visit Michigan someday.

10. Rachel says:

Every one of these pictures is gorgeous! I went to Pictured Rocks last summer. It is amazing!

11. Kristina says:

Beautiful! My dad was raised in Michigan and my aunt lives there now. I want to go visit now to see these beautiful lakes! So pretty! Especially during the various seasons.

12. tauyanm says:

omg love everything!!! my fave is from @michiganders!

Omg so many breathtaking photos!!!! Michigan really does look so pretty!!

14. Carmela Mempin says:

Those pics are very beautiful, I’m totally in love with these pics.

15. mya.k says:

All of the photos you took are amazing and so beautiful, I love the fist the most.